The Turbodisc* system is a fully automatic system designed for side-stream cooling tower applications. It removes sand, silt, dirt, sediment, as well as airborne contaminants like seeds, algae, bugs, and leaves. It has advantages over sand style backwashing systems in that it uses a fraction of the backwash water.
Backwashing can be performed in a little as 10seconds using only 3.5 gallons of water when using option air sparging equipment. A minimum of 45 psi is required for backwash. Optional pressure boosting equipment that operates ONLY during backwash is also available.
Standard equipment includes:
1) Automatic filter/disk cartridges;
2) Stainless Steel inlet/outlet Manifolds;
3) Auto-backwash Valves/Solenoids;
4) Backwash Controller;
5) Stainless Steel leg assembly;
6) Pump and motor starter relay;
7) Pressure maintaining valves;
8) Skid assembly can be stainless or plastic;
9) Air-override feature to enhance backwash efficiency.
1) Isolation valves;
2) Pump pre-strainers;
3) Air compressor.
|Single Pod||depends on loading|
|Dual Pod||100 gpm ea|
|Triple Pod||125 gpm ea|
MICRON SIZES AVAILABLE
MATERIALS OF CONST
|Backwash valves||Bronze or cast|
|Voltage(solenoid)||12VDC or 24VAC|
|Pump & motor relay||120/220
single or 3 phase
*Manufactured by Miller-Leahman, Inc.
Distributed by Advanced Water Engineering, Inc.